[Howm-eng 81] Re: Effective use of <<< or >>> ?

Back to archive index

Xavier Maillard xma****@gnu*****
Wed Apr 23 04:49:01 JST 2008

> At Wed, 16 Apr 2008 00:03:51 +0200,
> Xavier Maillard wrote:
> > It is not really clear how one should use the goto and come-from
> > links. How are you all doing ? Is it prefered to use them as much
> > as possible or not ?
>
> I also want to hear it. :-)

Hum okay :)

> In my experience, these are convenient for come-from keywords.
> - names of machines
> - names of softwares/commands
> - names of authors of interesting books/papers
> - names of lectures

This is also how I am currently using them.

> I cannot show a good general guide because I'm lazy, loose, and bad at
> tidying.  I've already given up well-ordered notes.  Howm may be
> suitable for those who are tired from strict systems.

Actually, I think you totally are right. If I have chosen howm, this is especially for this: free form writing. But I am also curious so my questions...

Regards

Xavier