[Howm-eng 76] Re: On the way you title the message here

Back to archive index

Xavier Maillard xma****@gnu*****
Wed Apr 16 07:03:44 JST 2008

   Hi.

   > What is the reason to "tag" all list messages with a number ?
   > Would you mind removing this numbering since it confuses several
   > MUAs I am using (including rmail) ?

   Numbering itself is convenient to point a particular post.  For
   example, I used it in [Howm-eng 71].

   Do you want to change the format [Howm-eng %d] to another one?  It is
   the default format in sourceforge.jp's ML (mailman).  I have never
   heard a problem about it.  What is your trouble?

In rmail, I can't easily do M-S-t (current-subject) (limit
summary to topic) since each message subject change. I have to
type a more complex regular expression. Anyway, do not change
anything if I am alone to complain. I will make a macro to do it
for me :)

Regards

	Xavier
--