[Howm-eng 48] Re: GPG with EasyPG (Re: Newbie...)

Back to archive index

Xavier Maillard xma****@gnu*****
Tue Apr 8 09:00:15 JST 2008

   At Sun, 6 Apr 2008 02:00:26 +0200,
   Xavier Maillard wrote:
   > Well in principle, it is pretty simple to achieve encryption. I
   > am used to EPG (part of GNU Emacs). I used local-vars to force
   > automatic encryption of a set of org-mode files.

   Oh! EasyPG runs well with howm!
   (1) Run gpg-agent.
   (2) Put *.gpg into ~/howm/.
   (3) M-x epa-file-enable
   Then howm can search *.gpg seamlessly.

Glad to read that ! In fact, this is a requirement for me to
store passwords and things like that.

   Below is a quick hack to use external grep and EPG at the same time.
   * All files in ~/howm/ are searched by the external grep command.
   * All files in ~/gpg/ are searched by elisp so that EPG is applied.
   This is necessary because searching all files with elisp is too slow
   for me.  Test version (howm-test071107) is required for this code.

   http://howm.sourceforge.jp/a/howm-test.tar.gz

Thank you, I will try your hack tomorrow.

	Xavier
--
http://www.gnu.org
http://www.april.org