[Mingw-users] Linker undefined reference error, fresh MinGW install

Back to archive index
Keith Marshall keith****@users*****
Tue Jun 9 00:22:58 JST 2020

On 06/06/2020 12:55, Derek Harter wrote:
> Yes it is 5.3.2.  This was the version that you currently get when you
> go to www.mingw.org <http://www.mingw.org> and select the download.

No, that should *not* be the case.  5.3.3 was published, to correct this
very defect, earlier last week; if you keep your mingw-get catalogue up
to date, it should show 5.3.3 as the current version.  If you go to the
download site at https://osdn.net/projects/mingw/releases/, under the
Windows System Libraries heading, 5.3.3 is the only version you should see.

On 06/06/2020 13:02, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
>> After digging around it looks like I really need to get my
>> students to use MinGW64 with much more recent gcc versions.

Much more recent than GCC-9.2.0?  Hardly.

> If you trust their QA (I don't), then sure, go for it.

It's not just their QA which is doubtful.  Their use of the product
name, "MinGW64", infringes our legally registered trademark.

--
Regards,
Keith.