[Mingw-users] GDB began crashing in GetOpenFileNameA()

Back to archive index

raynebc . rayne****@gmail*****
Tue May 15 06:21:53 JST 2018

> You could try a newer GDB from the ezwinports site, maybe it will be free
of this problem.

I installed all remaining Windows updates and rebooted again. For a while
after I had problems getting Python 2.6.6 to install, the installer would
just hang at the "publishing product information" step.  I killed the
wermgr.exe process since it was using more CPU cycles than the installer,
and it managed to finish.  I extracted GDB 8.1 to a folder at the root of
my file system and tried to get it to work for a while (required setting
some GUILE environment variables, removing GDB 7, etc).  Launching GDB 8
would give errors related to libintl-8.dll, which is a different version
and size than the version packaged with MinGW.  Both DLLs show up in their
respective paths when I run "where libintl-8.dll", but at this point, GDB
8.1 seems to work and the MinGW toolchain seems to work as well.  Running
my program through the debugger allows it to launch the file browser
without GDB crashing, so it looks like it's a bug that they've fixed
already.  Unless there are any steps that I missed, it looks like things
are working.  Thank you, Eli.